Events are a unique operational environment that cannot be catered for by a conventional risk approach.
The adage ‘you don’t know what you don’t know’ may well apply if you do not engage an event specialist.
Add to this mix that most event builds are construction zones with marquees, scaffold structures, working at heights and a number of other industrial related activities taking place. With multiple contractors on site at any one time pre event where is your focus, on the build or the upcoming event?
Warwick has a very broad experience base ranging from community to world events. Having run his own he is very aware of the inherent risks . With this in mind, engaging a professional to examine your documentation, pre-qualify contractors and operationally audit your systems can only serve to enhance reputation, safety and compliance.
The following services are available to you:
- Review existing Safety Management Systems consistent with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Conduct Safety Audits for Festivals and Events.
- Advise management and staff of their ongoing obligations and necessary commitment to Health and Safety at Work.
- Vet all contractors and external service or product providers (you cannot contract out Health and Safety obligations and contractors raise your risk statistically by 60%).
- Provide on site safety management.
- Full consultancy services, training and development.
A snapshot of Festival and Event experience:
- International Six Day Enduro
- World Speed Water Ski
- Oceania Boxing
- World Junior Motocross
- World Masters Bench Press
- Rugby World Cup
- World under 19 Snooker Championship
- Maori Sports Awards
- New Zealand Snow Show
- Ironman New Zealand
- Taupo Half Ironman
- International Rugby
- International Netball
- New Zealand Festival of Body Art
- Taupo Medieval Tournament
- Community music concerts
- Commercial music concerts
- Outdoor Cinema
- Bicycle Network Victoria
- Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge
- Oxfam Trail-walker
- UCI Golden Bike
- Ironman Expo
- Cycle Challenge Expo
- Odyssey 3 Day MTB
- New Zealand Coffee Festival
- New Zealand Offshore Powerboats
- A1GP Motorsport
- Tough Mudder
IRONMAN New Zealand: Warwick has a varied background in safety and event delivery. This experience provides us with a high level of comfort in regards to Health and Safety mitigation, reputation protection and legislative compliance. He is included in our Contingency and Risk Management Plans and is our Emergency Responder if required on event day. He is nominated as the Event Liaison for Next of Kin in the case of serious incidents which provides us with a high level of comfort that all areas of Emergency Response are being covered.